Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quips of the Night: Gossip Girl

Lord knows I don't have a lot of time on my hands, so I'm starting a new 'column of sorts' to get writing about a couple more shows... QUIPS OF THE NIGHT ...and i'll try to include a summary

90210, Gossip Girl and most other CW shows have some great one liners, and you know how much i love those at the end of the my glee recaps....so here it is my first 'Quips of the night' 

Gossip Girl  "Easy J"

PHOTO CREDIT: GIOVANNI RUFINO/ THE CW ©2010 THE CW NETWORK. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


Oh Little J, How much did I not miss your presence on the upper east side? Although I must say, I liked the use of your character's brief appearance as a plot device in last night's secret revealing episode of Gossip Girl.  'Little J's' return to the island was orchestrated by the one and only Chuck Bass. She's here for an interview with Tim Gunn to get into Parsons, Chuck sets her up for Blair to ruin the interview, and 'Little J' reverts to her bitchtastic ways as a result. He's out to get Blair in full force and knows just who to use to do it. Little did he know that 'Little J' would spill the beans about their dangerous liaison last spring to gossip girl and embarrass all parties involved. Then before she hitched the train back to Hudson, she'd show some growth and dispense some wisdom about our dear Chuck and Blair. In other developments on the island, Serena had/has a big thing for the cab stealer/business professor Colin Forrester who in the OMFG moment of the night is in cahoots with Juliet and her brother. (But WHY?!?!) Nate and Juliet had a rendezvous at the jail, and she broke up with him after her bro put the smack down on Daddy Archibald in prison and Dan didn't have much to do except for act like a big brother and that's that. Vanessa was MIA. 

Here's your Quips of the Night: 

"A Jenny free holiday season, it's been on my wish list for quite some time” – Blair

"She's the wicked witch of the Upper East Side. I'm sure one of her monkeys spotted me getting off the train or something" - Jenny 

“Office hours, not his apartment!” – Blair re: Serena breaking it off with the uber-hot Colin 

“Nothing could be more entertaining than bottle blond recon ...” – Penelope

“Yes, it is 100% vintage crazy ass Blair” – Little J

“Give it up Blair, Everyone knows I did, and who I gave it to” – Little J

"You two used to be in love, and together you were invincible, but now that you've turned against each other, it's just a matter of time before your mutual destruction." - Little J

" [...] If we keep going we'll both end up dead, and I like myself too much to let that happen, I assume you feel the same" - Chuck
"About myself? More"-Blair

“Why don’t you just sky write the word 'double cross', it’d be more subtle” – Blair

"It was no one's fault, It was fate, tragedy." - Chuck 


 As always you should check out some great recaps from EW and Vulture





No comments: