Tuesday, July 6, 2010

i've done it again...

...that's right, i posted for a few weeks and then stopped again. The end of my school year was over packed and emotionally and mentally draining. All i can think is that I don't know what to do with my life right now. I was offered a job this morning and am going to start a per Diem speech job on Thursday which pays pretty well. Yet, all I've been doing tonight is looking at journalism schools and certificate programs and deciding when to start blogging again. It makes me nervous. I do not regret changing majors in college...I believe that everything happens for a reason and without my current job i would not have been able to do some of the amazing things I've done (like teaching in Italy) nor would i have met some fantastic people who have had a profound impact on my life. However, i can't stop the feeling of "what if" and "how would i change this" and "what if i end up hating it." Being a speech pathologist is a good and rewarding career which is continuing to become more important in our world but all I have our doubts about my skills and the scary feeling that I'm not doing my best. Is it bad that I want to do something for a career that may be more self satisfying? Something that I think, well know that I would be more passionate about? I want to reach out to some of those in the industry that I follow on twitter and ask for advice. I am hoping that someone will hear me and be able to help me on my way. I guess I should be making an appointment at career services at Emerson as well. I need to talk to someone...I don't think I can make this decision on my own. I also think my family and friends won't fully understand.

Hopefully be blogging more frequently soon.

love, lauren

No comments: