Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Smile






Photo seen at Vulture


How do you not smile when watching this show? gLee is like the perfect little pick me up for those days when you are down. 

The second season of Fox's hit show premiered last night and if you didn't get a chance to catch it I suggest you drop what you're doing and head on over to Fox.com or hulu right now and get on it! 

The premiere episode started with Jacob's updates on the glee-clubbers' "gay summer" in a hilarious video blog! Highly entertaining and always awesome, he did not disappoint! We got some updates on the characters and some input into the creator's thoughts about the criticism aimed at the show in an intelligent and amusing way! I for one, think Ryan Murphy should consider actually developing Jacob's blog about the glee-clubbers in the same way he is writing Sue Sylvester's biography because I have no doubt that it would be well received by the show's fans!

We also met some new folks at McKinley High tonight including Sunshine, the lil munchkin with the big pipes; Sam, the new quarterback who sings in the shower, and Coach Beiste, a nemesis with heart for the fabulously evil Sue Sylvester. 

Having attended the comic con panel, and read all there is to read about gLee over the summer, I knew these characters were coming and I was not very excited. Especially for the addition of Rachel's nemesis, Sunshine (Charice). I, like Rachel, worried about what it would do to the group dynamic. However, the moment this tiny little girl's mouth opened, i was hooked. Damn, that girl can sing! Her voice is PHENOMEONAL....no wonder Oprah says she's the next big thing! I also loved Coach Beiste (Dot Jones); she's got some hilarious one liners and is a perfect antagonist for Sue!  Sam (Chord Overstreet) seems to be a good addition as well and has a great voice but didn't show us too much to fall in love with just yet!

There were so many things to love about last night's episode so here's a quick list of some of my favorites:

- Mike and Tina. Hello Mike's abs! and Let's talk about hooking up at asian camp.... are you serious? that's amazing.
- The WHOLE bathroom scene with Rachel and Sunshine.... "Oh you don't speak English! You like me sing...you sway in background" hahah I was sad they didn't show that whole song!
- Rachel's overall nuttiness and Lea Michele's overall amazingness! Girl is so talented and I hated Rachel all episode for it until the end!
- The awkward rapping 
- Finn auditioning for the Cheerios. 
- Coach Beiste. She's hard and sensitive at the same time and a great addition to the cast. Sue took it a bit too far, and I think everyone felt a bit bad for her!
- Best performance/song of the night ---- "Listen" by Sunshine. The girl gave me chills. 
- Finn and Rachel's scene at the end. 

Although I enjoyed the awkward rapping as it was hilarious and fun, I think I could do with some more singing and less hip hop songs throughout the rest of the season. I also wish there was a lil more Kurt going around in the opener. He didn't get an emmy nomination for nothing. A little more Mercedes would be nice too.  I'm also wondering is Sunshine really going to Vocal Adrenaline? Having read bloggers and mags all summer, I had no idea! 

 As for my Quips of the night:

"you're all coffee and no omelette" -- Beiste 
"that doesn't make any sense" - Sue 

"Stop the Violence" - Brittany re: Santana/Quinn's fight

"Dude your mouth is huge? How many tennis balls can you fit in there?" - Puck
"I don't know i've never had any balls in my mouth...have you?" - Sam


Next week is what we've all (well i've) been waiting for!! It's Britney/Brittany!!


Two of my favorite things ever together in one hour! I say YES please!! Check the preview below!


   


So what do you think? Did you guys love it? Hate it? What was your favorite performance? and are you as excited as I am for next week's Britney episode!?!?!

No comments: