Friday, September 10, 2010

Game On

Photo from The Hollywood Reporter Live Feed 

How good was 'The Return?' 

If you're not watching the Vampire Diaries or have never seen it before, this premiere episode of the second season was definitely THE episode to jump on in. Everything about this episode was phenomenal.... the acting, the writing, the overall hotness of the cast. I was on the edge of my seat practically the entire time. 

The second season opener was full of twists and turns provided by the return of the super hot and super evil, Katherine. She's back and I can't wait to see what she brings with her this season. In addition, this episode featured Bonnie upping her sassiness with Damon, Stefan showing what he's like when he gets really angry (which ps. by the way is HOT), Tyler learning of the Lockwood curse from good ol' Uncle Mason, and SPOILER ALERT ... 

Damon killing Jeremy because his heart was double broken by Katherine and Elena. 

and Katherine smothering Caroline, making her a Vamp since Damon's blood was used to help heal her. 

Major props to the cast for the AMAZING performances they put on in this episode. Nina Dobrev was so excellent, it really seemed like she was two different people. She showed a wide range of skills and I was thoroughly impressed. No lie, I think I have a bit of a girl crush and if she keeps acting the way she did in this episode, she should totally be nominated for something. Ian Somerhalder made my heart melt/break in the scenes when he got a knife through the heart by Katherine/Elena and then BAM! made me so angry when he snapped Jeremy's neck. I've also never liked Paul Wesley more than I did in this episode. He was fantastic when threatening John and speaking with Katherine. The chemistry/tension between these characters/actors doesn't hurt at all either. Did i mention everyone was super hot in this episode?

And before I start bulleting some favorite lines and randomness about the episode, I forgot to mention if there's any scene you should be watching from this episode, It's definitely the almost too hot for TV scene between Katherine and Damon at the Salvatore House. Google it, Youtube it whatever, you won't regret it. 

Favorite Lines 
- "His eyes are SO blue" - Katherine, re: the 'delicious' Matt
- “You hate me huh? That sounds like the beginning of a love story Stefan, Not the end of one” –Katherine
-“Kiss me or Kill me? Which will it be Damon?” We both know you’re only capable of one.” - Katherine 

Well what do you know? All my favorite lines are from the evil Katherine, lol.

Some of my randomness: 
- I'm excited for the werewolf developments with Tyler and Uncle Mason. Should be some good stuff!
- The Elena/Katherine meeting is going to be EPIC. 
- What do you think Damon killing Jeremy is going to do to him? I'm thinking making him a sorta John Gilbert, but less of an ass. 
- Why is Katherine really back? Is she jealous of Elena? Did she really come back for Stefan? Does she want to just screw around? What's her motives? I'm thinking it's highly unlikely she came back just for Stefan. I guess we'll have to wait and see 

For more on the Vampire Diaries, check out Entertainment Weekly's Recap and @cadlymack's coverage on Zap2it. @cadlymack also has some great interviews and videos with the cast that are definitely worth checking out! 

'Til next time, Game On! 

No comments: